Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pregnancy Brain: It's a real thing, y'all!!

Let's talk about pregnancy brain. Ya know, when you get flaky, forgetful, and spaced out while pregnant. Because of course it's a legit pregnancy symptom.
VERY scientific.


There are 6 other speech assistants that I work with and we are pretty tight. I mean, we do group costumes for Halloween and we have a constant group text going. You don't find these kind of people very often. Monday through Thursday we are all at our campuses doing therapy and Fridays we are all downtown together just hanging out working very hard. And we always eat out for lunch.
Last Friday we went to firehouse subs, ran a few errands after, and went back to work.

Where I puked in the parking lot. Because this baby apparently doesn't like a good sammich. TMI? sorry.

Since there was some extra stuff on my shirt and my shoes, I went home.

I decided what a great opportunity to do a little online shopping for Mother's Day so I brought my wallet inside. Made my purchases and went on with my business.

Hubs and I had plans on going to dinner with some friends later. We were in the parking lot at the restaurant and I wanted to switch to my smaller purse. My wallet was no where to be found and I started to freak out. I sent a text to the girls at work to see if it was in the car we went to lunch in then called the sandwich place. The girl on the phone was so sweet. I told her that I had been in for lunch earlier and had misplaced my wallet. She put me on hold to go check the safe. Then it hit me
My wallet was at home.
On the couch.
Next to my computer.
Because I had bought things earlier.

Sweet sandwich girl picked up the phone and again, was so sweet.
Sandwich girl: "I'm so sorry! I didn't see it in there!"
Me: "Oh! I just got a text from my friend! (lies) She found it in her car! (more lies) ThanksforlookinghaveagreatdayBYE!" I was so embarrassed.

Pregnancy Brain y'll. Seriously.

THEN! Oh yes. there's another story.

So at work we use these key fob things to sign in and out. You scan your fob thing on this little box that is hooked up to the computer, your face pops up, and you click "check-in" or "check-out". Pretty simple. One of my schools is really bad about turning it off too early. When it is turned on, you can hear a ding. I kept swiping my key fob thing and it wasn't dinging! Ugh! They turned it off early again! RUDE!
It wasn't dinging because I was trying to swipe the square sticky notes that were next to the box.

Is it summer break yet???



No comments:

Post a Comment